Who doesn’t love soup? Especially in the colder months. It is a great way to eat vegetables and it tastes great. We have made a vegan potato leek soup. Instead of cream, we use our Pea Barista and it does the job just as well.
Vegan potato leek soup recipe
Potato leek soup is always a good idea. It is creamy, full of flavor and is filling. We always taste with nutmeg that rounds the flavors so well. This time we have topped it with vegan cremefraiche, toasted pumpkin seeds and chives but you can go crazy with croutons, toasted nuts or whatever you would like.
Remember that you can find more inspiration for recipes with plant drinks on our website.
Warming plant-based vegetable soup
It is so easy to make a nice soup. As long as you have some vegetables, that taste nice and can make sure to cream the soup, it will be nice.Fry some onion and garlic, add vegetables and stock and let it summer until cooked. Blend it up, cream it and taste. That is a great way to use some of the leftovers from the week’s vegetables and stop food waste.
Potatoes are brilliant because they add starch which help the soup on it’s way. You can also add other vegetables like cauliflower, celeriac or pumpkin.
Do you want to see how we make this? Visit our Instagram reels.
Vegan potato leek soup
- 1 leek big
- 2 gloves garlic
- olive oil
- 800 g potatoes
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 dl Dryk Pea Barista
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice
- Remove the ends from the leeks and cut it into fine slices. Wash them well to remove the sand and dirt.
- Peel and chop garlic finely.
- Fry the leeks and garlic in some olive oil on medium-low heat until soft.
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into small cubes. Add them to the pod and fry it for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock cubes and water (just so that it covers the filling) and let it simmer under a lid until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Blend it to a creamy soup and stir in the pea drink. Taste med finely grated nutmeg, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve with toasted pumpkin seeds and chives on top.