It is almost summer, and this means that it is time for sun on our noses and ice cream in our belly. Isn’t that right? Here at Dryk we love ice cream, and we also love to experiment with new ice cream flavors. Today we will share a milk chocolate ice cream recipe with you. And it can even be made vegan if you want. It has an intense chocolate flavour and is (of course) made with Dryk Pea Drink Barista.
Recipe for milk chocolate ice cream
Which type are you when choosing ice cream in an ice cream shop? Do you go for the heavier ones with chocolate or caramel or are you more into fresh sorbets with fruit? This milk chocolate ice cream is one of the heavier ones. It has an amazing creamy texture and an intense chocolate flavor. It is super easy to make and only consists of four ingredients: cream, pea drink barista, sugar and milk chocolate. Plus a pinch of salt which really brings out the flavor and goes well with the sweet ice cream.
Tip: If you want to take this chocolate ice cream to new heights, you should try to sprinkle a bit of flaky sea salt and maybe a bit of good quality olive oil on top. You can of course also eat it just as it is or with some fresh berries.
Chocolate ice cream is a winner. One scoop of this, and you actually don’t need anything else. And you will most likely also feel satisfied after that as it is intense. Okay maybe two scoops on crazy days. It really is delicious. We have used milk chocolate but if you want a deeper and more bitter taste, you can use 70% dark chocolate or maybe something in between.
If you don’t have an ice cream machine, you can put it in the freezer and stir it every 30 minutes until it reaches a thick soft ice consistency. In this way you might avoid the worst ice crystals and it will still taste good.
Milk chocolate ice cream
- Ice cream machine
- 200 ml full fat cream can be vegan
- 200 g milk chocolate can be vegan
- 100 g sugar
- 300 ml Dryk Pea drink Barista
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat cream in a pot until just before bubbles appear.
- Chop the chocolate and put it in the hot cream. Mix until the chocolate has melted.
- Mix in the sugar until it dissolves.
- Add cold pea drink and a pinch of salt and mix until you reach a creamy and even texture.
- Place it in the fridge to cool completely for 30-60 minutes and then churn it on the ice cream machine.
- When the consistency is like thick softice, put it in a container and place it in the fridge to set for at least 3-4 hours.
Vegan chocolate ice cream
Are you looking for a vegan chocolate ice cream, you are at the right place. You can easily use vegan cream and milk chocolate in this recipe, and then you will have a vegan milk chocolate ice cream. It is not that often that we find good vegan ice cream, but this one is so creamy and flavourfull that we completely forget.
Remember to follow us on Instagram for more inspiration, green tips and Dryk news.