We are many who loves nutella. I can only speak for myself but for me it is a nostalgic thing, I only got to have on special occasions as a child. No more of that. Dryk votes that you should be able to eat nutella every day. That is why I have made this healthier vegan nutella and it is so delicious.
Healthy nutella recipe
Of course we can discuss the word ‘healthy’ when it comes to this nutella. It is not low on calories but it is naturally sweetened with dates, made with a base of hazelnut butter and added oat milk, cocoa and a little salt. Simple and really good. Perfect to smear on freshly baked bread or pancakes, top on oatmeal, dip with apple slices or eat with a spoon. Sometimes the last option is our favorite.
Beside the fact that this is a healthier version of nutella, the recipe is also vegan. Without even trying. We have used our Oat Drink as liquids, that in the combination with dates sweetens the nutella naturally. You could also easily use or Oat Cocoa as liquid or just drink a glass while preparing the nutella. It will take around 20 minutes, so you might actually have time for two.
If you want to see a video of us making the nutella, you can find it on our Instagram.
- 300 g hazelnuts
- 5 dates without stones
- 4 tbsp cocoa good quality
- 1½ dl oat milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Roast the nuts in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 150 degrees celcius, until they start to smell toasted.
- Let them cool off a bit and then rub the skins off.
- Place the still warm hazelnuts in a strong blender og blend until it turns into hazelnut butter.
- First the hazelnuts will blend into smaller pieces and then it will turn into a spreadable hazelnut butter. Make sure the scrabe down the sides as the hazenuts will move to the edges every ones in a while.
- It can take op to 5 minutes. If your blender is having a hard time and difficulty grasping, you can add a tablespoon or two of oil. Then it should be easier for it to mix and make hazenut butter.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients and blend to a smooth nutella.
- Adjust the consistency with oat milk if you want and taste with salt.
- Store in a scalded airtight container in the fridge.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!