Today’s recipe is a hokkaido pumpkin soup with red lentils and curry paste. Did you know that you can make a delicious pumpkin soup with very few ingredients, money and time? And that you can use Dryk plant drinks to finish and cream your soups? We have tested it for you. Pumpkins are great because they do most of the work for you. They give you creaminess, a nice taste, sweetness and healthy food.
Recipe: Pumpkin soup with red lentils
Our recipe on pumpkin soup is made with hokkaido and red lentils. The lentils makes it more filling, and we have spiced it all up with some red curry paste. It gives a nice heat and works well with the sweet pumpkin. All of it is finished with our Pea Drink Barista that gives it creaminess.
If you are looking for more inspiration, just check out our recipes with plant milk.
Vegan pumpkin soup
This is a classic pumpkin soup – it is just vegan. Maybe you often finish your soup with cream or maybe coconut milk. At Dryk we use our Pea Barista. It does not contain as much fat as cream and it is plant based and still gives creaminess to the soup. To make it more filling we use red lentils. You won’t see or taste them but they bring more protein and keep you full longer.
You can easily use plant drinks in soups. You can actually use them for many things, and this is what we are trying to show you here at Dryk. Cookies, pancakes, pasta, ice cream and pies. And if you want to see how we make this soup, check out our Instagram.
Red lentil pumpkin soup
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 cm ginger
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 hokkaido pumpkin small and organic
- 150 g red lentils
- 1 dl Dryk Pea Barista
- 1 vegetable cube stock
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- Peel and chop onion, garlic and ginger.
- Fry it on medium heat in a big pot with a bit of oil and the curry paste until the onions are soft.
- Wash the pumpkin, half it and remove the seeds. Cut the pumpkin into bitesize dices.
- Add the pumpkin, vegetable cube, lentils and 1 liter of water to the pot and let it simmer under a lid for 20-25 until the pumpkin is soft.
- Blend the soup until creamy and stir in the pea drink. Taste with lots of salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve the soup as it is or with toasted pumpkin seeds and some nice bread.